Thirty years ago I was in constant pain as a result of a serious auto accident. Surgery was proposed to eliminate the pain, but I chose to try hypnosis first. The incredible results not only surprised me but also my physicians. After learning to control pain, imagery became an integral part of my life, and I continue to use it to strengthen my emotional well-being and to support personal performance.
Because of my first-hand experience, I have trained extensively in hypnosis, guided imagery and meditation so I can offer the modality to those in my private practice and hospice. It has been my pleasure to observe others as they experience significant positive change within a short period of time. To that end I founded the company ComfortCareConnction, Inc. to provide a portable and economical way to deliver equally impressive results to you.
- PhD in Thanatology
- Masters in Transpersonal Psychology
- Certified Life Coach – Graduate Level Program
- Certificate in Wellness Counseling – Graduate Level Program
- Certificate in Grief and Loss – UC/Berkeley
- Certificates in Degriefing – Levels I & II: Somatic aspects of Grief
- Certified ADEC Thanatologist – Fellow/Advanced Standing
(Association of Death Education and Counseling)
- Graduate level work in Holistic Health Studies
- Internship – Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Training (Kabat-Zinn U Mass General Medical Center authorized MBSR program)
- Metta Institute 6-Day Residential Training – Cultivating Presence: Compassionate End-of-Life Care with Frank Ostaseski
- Certified EFT Practitioner
- Certified Reiki Practitioner – Levels I, II, III
- Hospice Training
- NLP training
- Professional training with Carolyn Myss, Ph.D. & Norman Shealy, M.D.
- Role of Energy & the Mind in Creating Health
Michael Yapko, Ph.D.
- Beg/Int/Adv Training, Supervision, Masters Class & ongoing workshops
Eric Greeleaf, Ph.D.
- Advanced Certificate in Ericksonian Hypnosis
Palo Alto School of Hypnotherapy
- Advanced, Medical and Masters
National Guild of Hypnotists
- Certified Consulting Hypnotist
- Published: Effect of Multigenerational Family Systems on Meaning-Making, (2010); Defining and Envisioning Self inTechniques for Grief Therapy, Ed. R. Niemeyer, (2012).
- Private Practices in Los Gatos and Los Altos and facilitates:
Grief Support Groups
Hospice Nurse Support Groups
Class – Reinvesting in Life After Loss
- Reconstructing a Life
- Meditation Workshop
- Using Guided Imagery